Local

Fire damages brand-new Gig Harbor home

Fire damaged this home in the 10500 block of Sentinel Drive in Gig Harbor on Tuesday night.
Fire damaged this home in the 10500 block of Sentinel Drive in Gig Harbor on Tuesday night. Courtesy

UPDATE: Gig Harbor Fire spokeswoman Nanette Tatom said an investigator has determined that the fire started between the first and second floor, where there’s electrical wiring and duct work.

INITIAL POST: A Tuesday evening fire damaged a brand-new Gig Harbor home occupied for only two weeks, according to Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One.

Firefighters were called about 6:45 p.m. between floors of the home in the 10500 block of Sentinel Drive, department spokeswoman Nanette Tatom said.

“The fire started between floors of the home,” Tatom said. “They had to really dig to make sure there was no extension into the wall.”

The residents smelled an electrical burning smell before the house started filling with smoke, Tatom said. Everyone escaped without injury.

The development is so new that the homes on both sides of the fire-stricken one are still under construction.

“It’ll be interesting to hear what the fire marshal says,” Tatom said.

Kenny Ocker: 253-597-8627, @KennyOcker

  Comments