Here’s what will be open or closed on Friday (Nov. 11) for Veterans Day:
▪ Garbage will be picked up on the regular schedule, and the Tacoma Recovery and Transfer Center at 3510 S. Mullen St. will be open.
▪ Pierce County Superior and District courts will be closed.
▪ City of Tacoma administrative offices will be closed, as will Tacoma Municipal Court.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Pierce County administrative offices will be closed.
▪ The Tacoma, Pierce County and Puyallup libraries won’t be open.
▪ On-street parking in Tacoma will be free.
▪ Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and Northwest Trek Wildlife Park will be open.
▪ U.S. Postal Service operations will be closed.
▪ Pierce Transit and Sound Transit buses will run on a weekday schedule, as will Tacoma Link light rail and the Sounder Train.
▪ The senior centers at 415 S. 13th St. and 5016 A St. in Tacoma won’t be open.