A man who tried to start a fire outdoors with gasoline Thursday in Lakewood was severely burned and taken to Harborview Medical Center, according to West Pierce Fire & Rescue.
Firefighters responded to the call in the 10900 block of East Butte Drive Southwest about 6:15 p.m., West Pierce Fire spokeswoman Jenny Weekes said.
They found the man with severe burns to his upper body after the gasoline exploded, Weekes said. He was taken to the hospital in Seattle for treatment.
“We don’t know exactly what he was trying to burn,” Weeks said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.