The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department will hold a Super Saturday event this weekend to provide personal help for Pierce County residents who want to sign up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
Insurance experts will be available at 13 locations in Pierce County to answer questions and help those who are not likely to use a website or call center to learn about options and enroll in a coverage program.
Help will be provided from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at these locations:
• South Sound Outreach, 1106 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Tacoma, 253-593-2111.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
• Community Health Care, East Tanbara Health Center, 1708 E. 44th St., 253-722-2154.
• Hilltop Regional Health Center, 1202 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, 253-722-2154.
• Lakewood Library, 6300 Wildaire Road SW, 253-847-2304.
• Planned Parenthood, 1515 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Tacoma, 206-320-7610.
• Planned Parenthood, 702 30th Ave. SW, Puyallup, 206-320-7610.
• Sea Mar Community Health Center, 2121 S. 19th St., Tacoma, 855-289-4503.
• Sea Mar Community Health Care, 10217 125th St. Court E., Puyallup, 855-289-4503.
• Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 South Tacoma Way, 253-383-3900.
• Eatonville Family Agency, 305 Center St. W., Eatonville, 360-832-6805.
• Brown Tones Productions/HELP, Bethlehem Baptist Church, 4818 E. Portland Ave., 253-238-3642.
• Korean Women’s Association, 123 E. 96th St., 253-535-4202.
• AARTH Ministry, Roosevelt Heights Church, 4819 S. 12th St.
In October, 6,306 Pierce County residents signed up for health insurance, according to the Health Department. Of those, 5,786 were eligible for Medicaid.
Open enrollment will continue through March 2014. The sign-up deadline for coverage that begins Jan. 1 is Dec. 23.