Here’s what will be open or closed Monday for the Labor Day holiday:
• City of Tacoma offices will be closed. Police, fire and animal control officers will work as usual.
• Tacoma’s landfill and recycling center will be open; garbage pickups will not be affected.
• Tacoma’s Public Library branches will close Saturday in observance of Labor Day and will be closed as usual on Monday.
• Pierce County government offices will be closed.
• Pierce County Library branches will be closed.
• The U.S. Postal Service will not operate.
• Pierce Transit bus buses and shuttles will operate on a Sunday schedule, as will Tacoma Link. Sounder trains will not operate.
• Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and Northwest Trek Wildlife Park will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.