Local

APPLAUSE

On Saturday, a candle started a fire at my East Side house. My 88-year-old mother was home alone while I was at the store getting her dinner. When I returned home, the Red Cross was there, assisting my distraught mother.

The fire happened so quickly and destroyed everything. My mom was lucky to be alive.

Red Cross volunteer Susan and her associate stayed with my mom until I returned and already had a hotel room ready, including for our two dogs.

The Red Cross had our best interests at heart. They were truly concerned and made sure we were not stressed out and homeless.

My 21-year-old daughter and her baby had recently moved into the home, and the Red Cross also gave them assistance. I am truly grateful for these caring human beings who provided a great service and made such a tragedy not so upsetting.

Adeline Connolly

Tacoma

  Comments