Fire badly damaged a house in Edgewood on Friday afternoon, East Pierce Fire & Rescue reported.
The blaze broke out about 4:30 p.m. at a home in the 2900 block of 84th Avenue Court East. It quickly climbed up the outside of the 2,300-square-foot home and into the attic, acting battalion chief Brian Schutz said.
“When our crews arrived, 50 percent of the attic was already fully involved,” Schutz said.
The source of the fire appeared to be oily rags stored in a plastic garbage can, deputy fire marshal Paul Brockwell said.
Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you'll never miss a local story.
No one was home at the time, and no injuries were reported.