Local

Auburn man pulled from apartment fire dies

A 43-year-old Auburn man who neighbors pulled from his burning apartment Monday has died.

The man was identified as Emin Kadriji. The King County Coroner’s Office ruled his death an accident, and said he died of smoke inhalation and burns.

Neighbors in the 500 block of East Main Street heard Kadriji screaming about 5 a.m. and kicked open the door of his second-floor unit after smelling smoke.

They carried him out and used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, but Kadriji already had suffered severe burns. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he died Tuesday.

The fire was caused by “improper use of smoking materials,” according to Valley Regional Fire Authority. Nobody else was hurt in the fire.

  Comments