Harbor Covenant Church in Gig Harbor will host a two-hour seminar to help those facing the holidays after a loved one’s death or during a divorce or separation.
“Surviving the Holidays” is scheduled for 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday (Nov. 5) at Harbor Covenant Church, 5601 Gustafson Dr. NW, Gig Harbor.
The seminar features video interviews with counselors, grief experts and other people who have experienced the holidays after suffering a divorce or a loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance. These people share honestly about:
▪ Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ What to do about traditions and other coming changes
▪ How to handle holiday parties and invitations
▪ How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
▪ Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
Those who attend will receive a Survival Guide filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas and exercises for daily help through the holiday season. The cost for the seminar, including the Survival Guide, is $5.
For more information about the seminar, or the church’s weekly GriefShare and DivorceCare support groups, contact Sammi McCubbins at 253-851-8450 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can also be found at harborcovenant.org.