Every spring, parks across the Gig Harbor and Key peninsulas get love from volunteers. Parks Appreciation is a time to rake, shovel and prune parks and get them ready for summer.
The City of Gig Harbor, PenMet Parks and KeyPen Parks are joining together from 9 a.m. to noon April 25 for a big cleanup.
• Crescent Creek Park, 3303 Vernhardson St.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
• Kenneth Leo Marvin Veterans Memorial Park, 3580 50th St. Ct.
• Wilkinson Farm Park, 4118 Rosedale St.
• Donkey Creek Park, 8714 North Harborview Drive
• Harbor Hill Park, 10310 Harbor Hill Drive
• McCormick Forest Park, 10301 Bujacich Road NW.
• Harbor Family Park, 70th Ave. and 32nd St. NW
• Sehmel Homestead Park, 10123 78th Ave. NW
• Narrows Park, 1600 Lucille Parkway NW
• Rotary Bark Park, 10200 Bujacich Road NW.
• 360 Trails, 10905 144th St. NW
• Rocky Creek Conservation Area, SR 302 at 150th Ave on Crews Road.
• KP Civic Center, 17010 South Vaughn Road, Vaughn.
• Home Park, 17220 8th Ave. Ct., KPN.
Volunteers do not need to pre-register. All that is required are season-appropriate clothes and shoes and a desire to help out the city and county parks.
Those in large groups wishing to participate can call:
• City of Gig Harbor: Terri Reed(253) 851-6170
• PenMet Parks: Eric Guenther(253) 858-3400 x 1222
• KeyPen Parks: Christina Hallock(253) 884-9240 x 22