Crime

Failed electrical wiring caused Tacoma house fire

Failed electrical wiring caused a fire that briefly trapped a dog inside a house Tuesday, according to the Tacoma Fire Department.

Crews were called to a 2,145-square-foot home in the 1450 block of South Ferdinand Drive about 5:50 a.m. and found heavy smoke and flames. The blaze started in the garage and moved to the second floor and attic.

The family that lives there and one dog were able to escape but Chloe, a Chihuahua, didn’t make it out at first. . Firefighters found her hiding under the bed and rescued her.

Damages were estimated at $155,000, the department said. The fire also caused about $3,000 in damages to the house next door.

Related stories from Tacoma News Tribune

  Comments