Eight displaced after Kent mobile home fire

Eight people were displaced early Monday when the Kent mobile home they lived in caught fire.

Crews responded about 12:45 a.m. to the home in the 24500 block of Russell Road, where the fire already had burned a hole in the side of the single-wide trailer.

The structure also suffered severe smoke damage before firefighters extinguished the flames.

Investigators said an overheated electrical outlet started the fire.

No one was hurt. Four adults and four children were displaced.