Kennewick firefighters stand Tuesday on the roof of a home at 10 S. Kellogg St. after extinguishing a fire in an attic ventilation fan.
Initial reports were flames on the roof but responding units were able to quickly put out the fire before it spread to the living area.
Fire officials are crediting three neighborhood girls with quickly alerting the homeowners after they noticed flames and smoke.
The home was deemed safe and in livable condition with about $10,000 worth of damage. No one was injured.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.