1. Oregon (1): Marcus Mariota avoided being sacked during the Ducks’ bye.
2. Florida State (2): It’s been a whole week, and Jameis Winston hasn’t said or done anything regrettable. Progress.
3. Oklahoma (3): Tough trip to TCU this week for the Sooners.
Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you'll never miss a local story.
4. Alabama (4): Moved up to No. 1 in the USA Today coaches poll.
5. Texas A&M (5): Finally, things starting to get interesting in the SEC (Texas A&M visits Mississippi State this week).
6. Auburn (6): Finally, things starting to get interesting in the SEC (Auburn hosts LSU this week).
7. UCLA (8): Maybe the Bruins really are a CFP contender, after all.
8. Baylor (7): How the tables have turned: Bears are 17-point favorites at Texas this week.
9. Notre Dame (9): Golden Domers are somehow underdogs at home against Stanford this week.
10. Michigan State (10): Game against Nebraska this week is one of biggest in Big Ten this season.
11. Mississippi (12): Nation’s leader in team passing efficiency defense.
12. Mississippi State (13): One-third of the way through a killer schedule stretch (LSU, A&M, Auburn).
13. LSU (19): User error led to LSU being ranked behind Wisconsin last week. Which ain’t right.
14. Wisconsin (14): Only one ranked team left on the schedule (Nebraska on Nov. 15).
15. Georgia (16): Vanderbilt week. Get excited.
16. Stanford (17): Either the Cardinal’s defense is ridiculously good, or Washington’s offense is ridiculously not as good.
17. Ohio State (18): Could lose by 30 at Maryland and still be having a better week than Michigan.
18. Brigham Young (20): Still not a ranked team on the schedule, but season finale at California looms as interesting.
19. East Carolina (21): Not likely to trip up this week against 0-4 SMU.
20. Nebraska (22): Beat Illinois, 45-14, if that’s of any interest to Huskies fans.
21. Kansas State (23): One team is still holding down the whole football thing for the state of Kansas.
22. Oklahoma State (25): Should breeze past Iowa State and Kansas. Then, at TCU.
23. USC (24): Remember the last time a Steve Sarkisian team played Arizona State?
24. Missouri (NR): Just when you thought the Tigers couldn’t get any lower, they go and totally redeem themselves.
25. Arizona State (11): Sun Devils somehow gained 626 yards and lost to UCLA … by 35 points.
1. UCLA (3): Hanging 62 points on ASU in Tempe will quiet some doubters. But not all.
2. Oregon (1): Look for Ducks back in No. 1 spot if they take care of business against Arizona on Thursday.
3. Stanford (6): Cardinal would be a lot more dangerous if it stopped turning the ball over in the red zone so often.
4. USC (5): Steve Sarkisian with 69-27 and 35-10 victories over OSU in consecutive seasons.
5. Arizona (7): Not likely to catch Oregon sleepwalking again this season.
6. California (10): Bears might be ranked too high here, but what the heck. That win over Colorado was entertaining, if nothing else.
7. Washington State (11): 21-point comeback at Utah was sweet revenge for 2012 thrashing. Cougars trending upward?
8. Washington (9): Remember when people wanted Keith Price benched last season?
9. Utah (2): Dres Anderson will be seeing that dropped fourth-quarter pass in his dreams.
10. Arizona State (4): In Pac-12 South title chase, Sun Devils facing a near must-win scenario against Trojans this week.
11. Oregon State (8): Will the Beavers ever win in Los Angeles again?
12. Colorado (12): Buffs couldn’t get it done against Cal, but Bellarmine Prep alum Sefo Liufau had himself a game.