Our Tuesday briefing from coach Tyrone Willingham included these notes:
* Most Huskies did "pretty well" in their annual start-of-camp conditioning tests.
* Freshman defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu is being eased in while still nursing a foot issue from high school.
* Chris Polk is one of several players being looked at at multiple positions (slot and tailback). Polk said that he thinks of himself as a tailback, and Willingham said he understands that Polk has "more sense of self" at tailback.
* No. 2 quarterback Ronnie Fouch has earned the right to some playing time this season, giving Jake Locker some rest while gaining experience for himself.
* Walk-on linebacker Fred Wiggs has been added to the roster.
* And finally, Willingham added that redshirt freshman tight end Chris Izbicki, whose recent legal troubles are detailed in a post below, also has been spoken to and disciplined within the team.