Maybe one day, possibly this week, I'll recognize UW coach Steve Sarkisian's supreme correct-ness.
We had a little bit of a disagreement on what the temperatures could be for kickoff coming off a day where it reached 101 degrees.
I asked if the Huskies would be playing in that kind of sweltering heat.
He told me I was crazy.
And he was right – it has cooled to about 93 degrees for the 7:28 p.m. kickoff.
• Receiver Devin Aguilar has been bouncing around in warmups. It appears he's fine from his head injury – nobody has officially called it a mild concussion – and will play.
• Darrion Jones has been warming up with the No. 1 defense, but true freshman Talia Crichton took a series. Both should play.
• Victor Aiyewa, and not Nate Fellner, appears to be Nate Williams' safety mate in the early going. He was taking all the pre-game snaps.
• It appears Adam Long will make his first start. He's out there, too, with the top defense.
• Defensive end Kalani Aldrich (knee) and receiver Jordan Polk (knee) did not make the trip, but offensive tackle Nick Scott (shoulder) has.
• Apparently everyone's favorite walk-on, linebacker Fred Wiggs, has made the trip, his first under the Pac-10 traveling roster restriction. He was at Notre Dame two weeks ago and played.
• There are staff members on the field wearing black shirts. Ugh!!