From the release ...
WALNUT CREEK, Calif.— WASHINGTON STATE guard Faisal Aden has been named Bank of the West Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for Jan. 16-22, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Monday.
The senior directed the Cougars to a sweep over Stanford and Cal last week, defeating the Pac-12 leader each time. Aden put up a career-high 33 points against the Cardinal on Thursday with 59 percent shooting (10-for-17 FG) and a perfect 13-for-13 performance from the foul line. Aden also posted a season-best five rebounds, two assists and a steal in the 81-69 decision over Stanford.
Aden continued his scoring spree on Saturday in a slim 77-75 victory over the Golden Bears, going 9-for-12 from the field (.750) to contribute 24 points. He also went 6-for-7 in free throw shooting, grabbed two boards and got one steal. The San Diego, Calif., native now has had four 20-point games this season and 10 in his career.
Over two games, Aden averaged 28.5 ppg (19-of-29 FG, .655) and 3.5 rpg, and added two assists and two steals.
This is Aden’s first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the 25th all-time selection for Washington State.
The Cougars take on Arizona on Thursday, Jan. 26 at 8:30 p.m. MT/7:30 p.m. PT and Arizona State on Saturday, Jan. 28 at 3 p.m. MT/2 p.m. PT.
Also Nominated: Jesse Perry, ARIZ; Jorge Gutierrez, CAL; Austin Dufault, COLO; Garrett Sim, ORE; Jared Cunningham, OSU; Tony Wroten, WASH.
2011-12 Pac-12 Players of the Week
- Nov. 14 C.J. Wilcox, So., G, Washington
- Nov. 21 Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State
- Nov. 28 Maurice Jones, So., G, USC
- Dec. 5 Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Dec. 12 Brock Motum, Jr. F, Washington State
- Dec. 19 Ahmad Starks, So., G, Oregon State
- Dec. 26 Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Jan. 2 Tony Wroten, Fr., G, Washington
- Jan. 9 Carlon Brown, Sr., G, Colorado
- Jan. 16 Terrence Ross, So., G, Washington
- Jan. 23 Faisal Aden, Sr., G, Washington State