From the release ....
WALNUT CREEK, Calif.— OREGON STATE guard Jared Cunningham has been named Bank of the West Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for Jan. 23-29, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Monday.
The junior carried Oregon State from a 10-point deficit to a 76-71 win over rival Oregon in Eugene on Sunday. Cunningham posted 27 points—24 of which came in the second half—making 3-of-6 three-pointers and going 12-for-15 from the free throw line. He also added seven rebounds, three assists and a steal. In thegame, the Oakland, Calif., native became the 36th player in school history to score 1,000 career points. Cunningham also has had a steal in 23consecutive games, the fourth-longest streak in school history.
This is Cunningham’s second Pac-12 Player of the Week honor of the season and his career, and the 42nd all-time selection for Oregon State. Cunningham’s first selection came Nov. 21, 2011. Ahmad Starks was OSU’s second honoree this season, taking the award on Dec. 19, 2011.
The Beavers head to Colorado for a 7 p.m. MT/6 p.m. PT showdown on Thursday, Feb. 2, and meet Utah on Saturday, Feb. 4 at 3 p.m. MT/2 p.m. PT.
Also Nominated: Solomon Hill, ARIZ; Jorge Gutierrez, CAL; Tony Wroten, WASH; Brock Motum, WSU.
2011-12 Pac-12 Players of the Week
- Nov. 14 -- C.J. Wilcox, So., G, Washington
- Nov. 21 -- Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State
- Nov. 28 -- Maurice Jones, So., G, USC
- Dec. 5 -- Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Dec. 12 -- Brock Motum, Jr. F, Washington State
- Dec. 19 -- Ahmad Starks, So., G, Oregon State
- Dec. 26 -- Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Jan. 2 -- Tony Wroten, Fr., G, Washington
- Jan. 9 -- Carlon Brown, Sr., G, Colorado
- Jan. 16 -- Terrence Ross, So., G, Washington
- Jan. 23 -- Faisal Aden, Sr., G, Washington State
- Jan. 30 -- Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State