Oregon's E.J. Singler was named Pac-12 player of the week after his solid performances in a sweep of the Washington schools. His hair band, which was also equally as productive and arguably did more work, was nominated for the award.
From the release ...
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — OREGON forward E.J. Singler has been named Bank of the West Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for Feb. 6-12, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Monday.
The junior led Oregon to a home sweep of the Washington schools, in which he averaged team highs of 18.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. On Thursday, Singler scored 13 points and pulled down a team-best eight rebounds in Oregon’s 82-57 win over then-conference leader Washington.
In Saturday’s 78-69 victory over Washington State, the Medford, Ore., native put up a game-high 23 points on 8-for-12 (.667) shooting from the field and 4-for-6 (.667) shooting from beyond the arc. He also grabbed six rebounds and dished out three assists. His eight made field goals matched a career high for a single game, as did his four made three-pointers. It was also Singler’s fourth 20-point game, which is the most of any Duck this season.
At 987 career points, Singler is now just 13 points shy of becoming the 31st player in school history to reach the 1,000-point milestone. He is also just four boards shy of reaching the 500-rebound mark. The totals rank Singler fifth among the Pac-12 active leaders in career rebounds (496) and sixth in career points (987).
In Oregon’s commanding home sweep, Singler averaged 18.0 points on 11-for-18 field goal shooting (.611) and 5-for-8 (.625) three-point shooting, and added 7.0rebounds and 2.5 assists.
This is Singler’s first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the 30th all-time selection for Oregon.
The Ducks fly south this week for a Bay Area road trip: Oregon faces California on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. PT and Stanford on Saturday, Feb. 19 at 4:30p.m. PT.
Also Nominated: Nick Johnson, ARIZ; Harper Kamp, CAL; Jared Cunningham, OSU;Chasson Randle, STAN; Terrence Ross, WASH; Reggie Moore, WSU.
2011-12 Pac-12 Players of the Week
- Nov. 14 C.J. Wilcox, So., G, Washington
- Nov. 21 Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State
- Nov. 28 Maurice Jones, So., G, USC
- Dec. 5 Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Dec. 12 Brock Motum, Jr. F, Washington State
- Dec. 19 Ahmad Starks, So., G, Oregon State
- Dec. 26 Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Jan. 2 Tony Wroten, Fr., G, Washington
- Jan. 9 Carlon Brown, Sr., G, Colorado
- Jan. 16 Terrence Ross, So., G, Washington
- Jan. 23 Faisal Aden, Sr., G, Washington State
- Jan. 30 Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State
- Feb. 6 Kyle Fogg, Sr., G,, Arizona
- Feb. 13 E.J. Singler, Jr., F, Oregon