This will be a little truncated as I have to get on the road to Pullman ... no speeding around Colfax! As I mentioned yesterday, it wasn't a really exciting slate of games, and they turned out to be even worse to watch, starting with the game in Boulder.
The Buffaloes had been tough at home all season. But you can't shoot the way they did and expect to win a game. The Boulder Daily Camera has plenty of coverage. Here's Ryan Thorburn's game story and his notebook. Columnist Kyle Ringo lays the blame squarely on head coach Tad Boyle's shoulders. Boyle was blunt about his team's misstep in his postgame quotes.
"I don't have much to say after that one but that was just an old fashioned butt whipping. I'm disappointed and I know our players are disappointed, our fans are disappointed. We let a golden opportunity go right by us. The fans that showed up tonight and have been following us all year long deserve better from the Buffs. For that I feel bad and I apologize but now it is how we are going to rebound and go forward, and that is all I can do as a coach."
- The Bears were able to grind out a win over Utah. Cal didn't play particularly well, but Utah tries to make games ugly. Here's John Crumpacker's game story and here's the game story from the Mercury News.
- Here's Bill Oram's game story from the Salt Lake Tribune. He also added this story about the Utes' turnovers.
No AP photos of this game
- The Wildcats picked up a win they were expected to get over USC. Here's Bruce Pascoe's game story and the "seen and heard" notebook ... Freshman guard Josiah Turner played his best game as a Wildcat.
- Here's the AP story that ran in the LA papers.
- The Bruins continue to push for a first-round bye in the conference tourney. Here's Scott Reid's game story from the OC Register which talks about Lazeric Jones best game. Heres Jon Gold's game story from the LA Daily News
- Here's Doug Haller's game story from the Arizona Republic