A few notes from today…
The defense probably won the day. UW quarterbacks were under constant pressure as an assortment of blitzes and big plays from the defensive line forced 10 quarterback sacks. And when the QBs weren’t getting sacked, they were running for their lives. I counted at least eight other times where Keith Price was forced out of the pocket and had to either throw on the run or throw the ball.
WR James Johnson and DT Lawrence Lagafauina both had their bells rung on Friday at practice and did not participate in contact drills. OLB Scott Laywer (groin), C Drew Schaefer (knee), H-Back Cooper Pelluer (shoulder), OLB Taz Stevenson (illness) also did not suit up. Pelluer will see a shoulder specialist in the coming days.
Best offensive plays
- Jesse Callier had a nice 25-yard TD run around the right side.
- Bishop Sankey broke free up the middle and turned it into a 30-yard gain.
- On third and 10, Keith Price hooked up with Kasen Williams for a 40-yard gain. Williams made a leaping grab over Greg Ducre.
- Keith Price hit Cody Bruns’ on a 31-yard TD pass on a skinny seam route in between Sean Parker and Desmond Trufant.
- Justin Glenn ripped a ball free from Austin Seferian-Jenkins and recovered the fumble.
- Glenn also got ASJ again, ripping a pass out of his hands in the end zone to save a touchdown.
- Evan Zeger made a huge hit on Dezden Petty and forced a fumble.
- Josh Shirley was extremely disruptive on defense. But he was able to chase down Keith Price on a boot leg even though Price was trying run away from him.
- Keith Price: 10 of 18 for 137 yards and a TD
- Derrick Brown: 5 of 11 for 38 yards
- Thomas Vincent: 6 of 10 for 48 yards
- Bishop Sankey: 6 rushes for 40 yards and 2 goal line touchdowns
- Jesse Callier: 6 rushes for 47 yards and one TD
- Dezden Petty: 10 carries for 30 and one goal line TD
- Josh Perkins: six catches for 53 yards
- Michael Hartvigson: three catches for 36 yards
- Kasen Williams: two catches for 55 yards