Here's one from the Padres side of the field:
* Jake Peavy, the team's ace starter and last year's Cy Young Award winner, will not make his scheduled start on Monday because of elbow soreness. The team said Peavy (4-3, 2.91 ERA) will have an MRI.
* Mariners manager John McLaren acknowledged there was some tension in the Mariners clubhouse because of the team's poor start. He said the tension is gone now and is not a sign of a team that does not get along but one that is frustrated with its AL-worst record.
"The tension was because we weren't winning," McLaren said. "The problem was we weren't shaking hands after the game. We would come into the clubhouse with nothing to show for it."
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
* The Mariners rolled out their 29th different lineup in 45 games on Sunday.
* The Mariners relievers have lowered their ERA from 6.00 to 3.91 over the last 21 games. Since April 25, the bullpen is 2-2 with three saves and a 2.40 ERA.
* The Mariners have not won back-to-back games since winning April 20 and 22.