It's 1 a.m. in San Diego and I've been meaning to get around posting these links all day, but my ADD and a late dinner prevented it. But let's get to it. This is something you can use all week because there's plenty to read up on...
* First let's get to the Mariners. Here's my game story from Sunday's win which completed the sweep of the Padres (who are absolutely terrible). In case you missed it, here's my gamer from the other day, which leads with Carlos Silva.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
* This story talks about Raul Ibanez possibly being traded to the New York. It mentions the Mets. But I thought the Yankees might be a better fit, especially with Hideki Matsui's injury issues.
Pro: spend less on clubhouse meals
Con: lots of leftovers
Columnist Bill Livingston wrote about all the mistakes the Indians made in assembling the roster, yeah welcome to the club.
* _sightings_117624.htm">Here's another reason for me to add to my personal list of reasons why I can't stand Alex Rodriguez. I believe the list is up 4,255,335.
Here's the excerpt in question...
ALEX Rodriguez getting a touch-up on his "hilights" at the Frederic Fekkai salon, and drawing a crowd of gals, one of whom gushed, "He's much bigger in person. He's a doll"
I will now jam a pen in my eye. And yet he wonders why the average fan doesn't like him.
* Jose Guillen has some unkind words for the fans, but KC Star columnist Joe Posnanski explains why - they don't know he's playing hurt.
* Posnanski, who's one of the best columnists in the country, also has a pretty good story on Royals closer Joakim Soria.
* Here's a big story on the dying art of the knuckleball from SI com. It talks to Tim Wakefield and mentions R.A. Dickey.
* I know it hurts, but I feel like I should post Tim Lincecum links. Yes, he won again. Columnist Ray Ratto believes Bruce Bochy pulling Lincecum in the seventh was the right thing to do. I think I know someone who might disagree.
* The Boston Globe wrote a story about the hate of the "Pink Hat Nation" Anybody who went to the Sox-Mariners game at Safeco got to see it first hand.
* Everybody knows about the Angels no-hitting the Dodgers and losing. ESPN's Tim Kurkjian has some interesting tidbits about it.