A quick programming note: Lash is covering this road trip. He's already in Oakland with the team. Obviously, he'll be posting from there. Also, I'm going to try and keep the links up daily, while working on some stuff here.
From yesterday's 2-1, 15-inning loss...
* Here's my game story leading with Jamie Burke taking the loss.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
* The Rainiers' bullpen fell apart in a 4-3 loss to Portland yesterday. The day before, I watched the Rainiers were on FSN and I watched long enough to see Wlad rip a big two-run double in a big win.
Elsewhere in baseball....
* Some of you may remember Todd Williams, a former reliever with the Rainiers and briefly the Ms and most recently the Orioles. Well, he's still hoping for a chance again to pitch in the big leagues..
* Here's a story on clubhouse chemistry with the A's. Hey I didn't write it, I just find them.
* Let's get the C.C. Sabathia fall-out.
Cleveland GM Mark Shapiro describes the reasoning behind it.
Columnist Terry Pluto believes that the trade was necessary so the Indians could acquire the power that they are lacking in their lineup in Matt LaPorta.
* It appears the Cubs now have their sights set on Oakland's Rich Harden.
* Tim Lincecum will probably get one more start before the all-star break which might prevent him from pitching in the all-star game.
* Braves outfielder Jeff Francouer felt "betrayed" by the Braves for being sent down to the minors.
* Troy Tulowitzki had to go on the DL because of a temper tantrum.
* Jose Reyes and Keith Hernandez got into a shoving match on the team plane a few days back.
Well, it's official C-Rod filed for divorce from A-Rod.