Thanks to the Mariners' baseball information guru Jeff Evans, who sent out these stats on Felix Hernandez.
* Overall is 15-5 with a 2.52 ERA (58 ER, 207.1 IP) in 30 starts (stats as of 9/17/09).* Leads all American League starters with 25 quality starts and has the lowest opponents batting average (.228/175x768).
* Also ranks 2nd in the AL in ERA (2.52), T3rd in starts (30), T4th in wins (15), 4th in strikeouts (193), 5th in K/9.0 IP (8.38).
* Is the only pitcher to rank in the top 5 in the AL in each of the 3 pitching "Triple Crown" categories (W, ERA, K).
* Has recorded a quality start in 20 of his last 21 starts.
* Since May 24, is 11-1 with a 1.91 ERA (32 ER, 150.2 IP), 137-45 K-BB ratio and a .213 OPP AVG.
* Leads the AL with 7 starts of at least 7.0 shutout innings.
* With 7 more strikeouts, and assuming he finishes with an ERA below 3.00, will become just the 2nd pitcher in club history to post a season of 200.0 IP, 200 K's, 15 W and sub 3.00 ERA...Randy Johnson accomplished this in 1995 & 1997.
* ESPN.com's Cy Young Predictor has Felix leading the AL with 154.3 "Cy Young Points" -- http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung