It's been nearly a month since the Seattle Mariners stopped playing, although they've sent prospects across the planet, it seems, to continue working toward 2012.
Winter league ball, whether it's in Venezuela or Arizona, can make you crazy with spectacular numbers that don't pan out come spring training. Still, for the kids working on their skills, those numbers deserve a little notice.
- Right-hander Forrest Snow, who was up with Tacoma at the end of the year, has been dominant in four Arizona Fall League games - opposing batters are 1-for-29 against him.
- Francisco Martinez, the infielder included in the Detroit Tigers trade for Doug Fister, has played five games in Venezuela and is batting .476 with four doubles.
- Lefty Danny Hultzen, the No. 2 pick in the June draft, has made three AFL starts and worked nine innings, allowing two runs.
- Outfielder Carlos Peguero has overmatched the Venezuela Winter League in his first 16 at-bats. Not only has he batted .438, but he's hammered three home runs and four doubles.
- Catcher Adam Moore is slowly working off the rust of a missed season, hitting just .130 ini six AFL games. His surgically repaired knee, however, has given him no problem.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Many thanks to the Mariners Kelly Munro for compiling the numbers and getting the info out.