1. Seattle Seahawks (2): Defense throttled Manning — for 59 minutes. Now have top-rated QB, too.
2. Denver Broncos (1): Mile High belief: If only Manning had called “heads.” And if only the league’s OT rules were different.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (4): Off to best start in eight years. Dump-trucking teams so far despite a load of injuries.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (6): Not even a cheap shot on QB Nick Foles slows offense. Now if only they could play defense.
Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you'll never miss a local story.
5. Arizona Cardinals (12): Bye-week considerations: Stanton or Palmer at QB? Can they take division from Seattle?
6. San Diego Chargers (7): Philip Rivers is completing 68 percent of passes, so Seattle’s isn’t the only ‘D’ he has shredded.
7. New England Patriots (5): How do you drop two spots by winning? By beating Oakland 16-9 at home. O-line is getting Brady banged.
8. Atlanta Falcons (11): Matt Ryan has NFL’s top-ranked offense. But defenders (387 ypg allowed) have been dirty birds.
9. Indianapolis Colts (14): Seems everyone back to Bert Jones has an opinion: Who is the better QB, Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson?
10. Chicago Bears (16): Air Trestman: Jay Cutler has eight TD passes in three games, second only to Luck.
11. Detroit Lions (22): Defense ransacked Rodgers and Green Bay even more than Seattle’s did.
12. Green Bay Packers (3): Best two-loss team in the league. But three weeks into season, that’s not a compliment.
13. New Orleans Saints (19): Just a matter of time — and defense —before Brees has them rolling.
14. Pittsburgh Steelers (28): Running game and defense crushed Carolina, a 2013 NFC playoff team, on its home field.
15. Buffalo Bills (9): Have allowed 52 points in three games. Only loss: San Diego.
16. Houston Texans (15): What’s all-everything DE J.J. Watt going to do next? Throw passes?
17. Baltimore Ravens (20): Trying, desperately, to get back to being noticed for their football.
18. Carolina Panthers (8): Did getting rolled by the Steelers expose them?
19. San Francisco 49ers (10): Latest for Team Headache: Harbaugh-to-Michigan rumors.
20. Dallas Cowboys (27): Down 21 in the first half at St. Louis, Tony Romo’s rally gets the heat off him — for 10 minutes.
21. Cleveland Browns (18): Three games decided by a total of seven points. Everything to do with Brian Hoyer. Nothing to do with Johnny Manziel.
22. Kansas City Chiefs (24): Once they get through early injuries, will make noise.
23. New York Jets (13): Monday night dud vs. Chicago didn’t help constant quest to steal New York thunder from Giants.
24. Tennessee Titans (17): Wrecked at Cincy in more ways than one: Jake Locker’s hurt again.
25. Miami Dolphins (21): How can a team beat Patriots by two TDs and lose by 19 points each to Bills and Chiefs?
26. New York Giants (30): Where did runaway performance at Washington come from?
27. Minnesota Vikings (23): RB Adrian Petersen suspended. QB Matt Cassel out. A fine mess for rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater.
28. St. Louis Rams (26): Third-string QB Austin Davis isn’t doing half bad.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (29): Torched 119-27 since being up 17-0 at Eagles in opener.
30. Washington Redskins (30): Still think Kirk Cousins will be better for this team than RGIII?
31. Oakland Raiders (31):
Londoners get to see in person what Americans already know: This team reeks.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (32): Would they finish higher than last in the Pac-12 North?