I moved Seattle up to 20th overall this week after a decisive win over Jacksonville. Seattle's opponent, Arizona, is ranked 18th overall in this week's rankings.
1. N.Y. Giants (1): Eli Manning returns to the Big Easy for the first time in his pro career, as Giants face first test of the season.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2. Minnesota (2): The Vikings take on the Ravens in another must-see game this week.
3. Indianapolis (3): The Colts head into the bye week undefeated with a chance to get healthy -- not a good sign for St. Louis, who Indy hosts Oct. 25.
4. New Orleans (4): Saints should be tested by stout Giants defense, only giving up 14.2 points a contest.
5. Denver (6): Broncos at 5-0 a legit playoff team? Housh believes, so we do too.
6. Philadelphia (8): Flying under the radar at 3-1 and get another break in the schedule facing Oakland on the road. 7. Atlanta (9): Not reliant on just RB Michael Turner to move the ball, with QB Matt Ryan showing he could sling it around against 49ers.
8. Cincinnati (11): If not for Brandon Stokley’s heroics in a last-second loss against Denver in the season opener, Bengals would be undefeated.
9. Chicago (13): Bears travel to Atlanta after the bye week in another good matchup this week.
10. Pittsburgh (14): S Troy Polamalu’s return should help bring back swagger to defense.
11. New England (5): The student in McDaniels got the best of mentor Belichick last week in Denver.
12. Baltimore: (7): Defense not as dominant since Rex Ryan took his risky play calling to Jets.
13. N.Y. Jets (10): Dolphins’ Wildcat offense gives Jets’ D some humble pie.
14. San Francisco (12): Niners need to find some explosive plays on offense. QB Alex Smith might be the answer.
15. Green Bay (15): Similar to Seattle, the Packrs have issues protecting Aaron Rogers because of injuries along the offensive line.
16. San Diego (16): Chargers coming off bye week and need to get this one at home against AFC West rival Broncos.
17. Dallas (17): WR Miles Austin’s big plays helped the Cowboys go into the bye week feeling good.
18. Arizona (18): Cardinals looking to get a leg up in the NFC West with win at Qwest Field.
19. Miami (19): Dolphins ability to execute Wildcat offense continues to prove doubters wrong.
20. Seattle (23): Seahawks need a win over Cardinals for playoffs hopes to remain a reality.21. Houston (21): Need Steve Slaton and running game to kick in with already potent passing offense led by Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson.
22. Jacksonville (20): Jags get perfect, soothing balm after getting blitzed by Seattle with St. Louis coming to town this week.
23. Carolina (25): Panthers earned first win of the season against Washington, but still can’t score, averaging 14.2 points a game.
24. Buffalo (24): The countdown to T.O. blowing up is nearing zero.25. Washington (26): It appears only a matter of time now before Zorn is gone.
26. Tennessee (26): Losing streak likely will continue at New England.
27. Detroit (28): QB Matt Stafford and WR Calvin Johnson could be out this week against Green Bay.
28. Cleveland (32): It wasn’t pretty, but Browns got first win last week at Buffalo.
29. Oakland (27): Time for QB JaMarcus Russell to hold the clipboard for awhile.
30. Tampa Bay (29): Head coach Raheem Morris looks a bit overwhelmed in his new role.
31. Kansas City (30): The Chiefs will take a moral victory in Kansas City’s overtime loss to Dallas.
32. St. Louis (31): Steven Jackson fourth in the league in rushing with 451 yards, but no touchdowns.