I moved Seattle up to 20th overall this week after a decisive win over Jacksonville. Seattle's opponent, Arizona, is ranked 18th overall in this week's rankings.
1. N.Y. Giants (1): Eli Manning returns to the Big Easy for the first time in his pro career, as Giants face first test of the season.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
2. Minnesota (2): The Vikings take on the Ravens in another must-see game this week.
3. Indianapolis (3): The Colts head into the bye week undefeated with a chance to get healthy -- not a good sign for St. Louis, who Indy hosts Oct. 25.
4. New Orleans (4): Saints should be tested by stout Giants defense, only giving up 14.2 points a contest.
5. Denver (6): Broncos at 5-0 a legit playoff team? Housh believes, so we do too.
6. Philadelphia (8): Flying under the radar at 3-1 and get another break in the schedule facing Oakland on the road. 7. Atlanta (9): Not reliant on just RB Michael Turner to move the ball, with QB Matt Ryan showing he could sling it around against 49ers.
8. Cincinnati (11): If not for Brandon Stokley’s heroics in a last-second loss against Denver in the season opener, Bengals would be undefeated.
9. Chicago (13): Bears travel to Atlanta after the bye week in another good matchup this week.
10. Pittsburgh (14): S Troy Polamalu’s return should help bring back swagger to defense.
11. New England (5): The student in McDaniels got the best of mentor Belichick last week in Denver.
12. Baltimore: (7): Defense not as dominant since Rex Ryan took his risky play calling to Jets.
13. N.Y. Jets (10): Dolphins’ Wildcat offense gives Jets’ D some humble pie.
14. San Francisco (12): Niners need to find some explosive plays on offense. QB Alex Smith might be the answer.
15. Green Bay (15): Similar to Seattle, the Packrs have issues protecting Aaron Rogers because of injuries along the offensive line.
16. San Diego (16): Chargers coming off bye week and need to get this one at home against AFC West rival Broncos.
17. Dallas (17): WR Miles Austin’s big plays helped the Cowboys go into the bye week feeling good.
18. Arizona (18): Cardinals looking to get a leg up in the NFC West with win at Qwest Field.
19. Miami (19): Dolphins ability to execute Wildcat offense continues to prove doubters wrong.
20. Seattle (23): Seahawks need a win over Cardinals for playoffs hopes to remain a reality.21. Houston (21): Need Steve Slaton and running game to kick in with already potent passing offense led by Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson.
22. Jacksonville (20): Jags get perfect, soothing balm after getting blitzed by Seattle with St. Louis coming to town this week.
23. Carolina (25): Panthers earned first win of the season against Washington, but still can’t score, averaging 14.2 points a game.
24. Buffalo (24): The countdown to T.O. blowing up is nearing zero.25. Washington (26): It appears only a matter of time now before Zorn is gone.
26. Tennessee (26): Losing streak likely will continue at New England.
27. Detroit (28): QB Matt Stafford and WR Calvin Johnson could be out this week against Green Bay.
28. Cleveland (32): It wasn’t pretty, but Browns got first win last week at Buffalo.
29. Oakland (27): Time for QB JaMarcus Russell to hold the clipboard for awhile.
30. Tampa Bay (29): Head coach Raheem Morris looks a bit overwhelmed in his new role.
31. Kansas City (30): The Chiefs will take a moral victory in Kansas City’s overtime loss to Dallas.
32. St. Louis (31): Steven Jackson fourth in the league in rushing with 451 yards, but no touchdowns.