Well, that was ugly.
Seattle lost 34-12 to Cincinnati -- a decent Bengals team, mind you -- but the Seahawks looked awful in most aspects of the game.
Seattle slogged through the first half, but showed offensive life after halftime. The comeback was too little, too late. The Seahawks came close in the fourth quarter, making it a one-possession game, 17-12. But the Bengals ended Seattle's rally with a field goal on their next drive and followed with a punt return for a touchdown.
Here are a few questions to ponder. Please leave your thoughts in the comments.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
1. What did you think of the play at the end of the first half? Would you have kicked a field goal? Called a different play? Is Carroll trying to be too clever? Or was it a gutsy call that backfired?
2. Seattle struggled to the run the ball, gaining just 61 rushing yards (28 yards came on the last play of the game). Who gets the blame here -- running backs, offensive line, play calls? Everybody?
3. Charlie Whitehurst was pulled in favor of Tarvaris Jackson after two offensive series. If Jackson was healthy enough to play, shouldn't he have started?
4. Lots of penalties today for Seattle, especially in key situations. Is discipline becoming an issue?
5. After seeing quarterback Andy Dalton up close are you wishing Seattle had selected him at the end of the first round of the 2011 Draft? Or do you believe in the decision to try and build a solid offensive line first?
6. What disappointed you more? Losing 6-3 on the road at Cleveland, or 27-12 at home to Cincinnati?