Wow. That was interesting.
The Seahawks roared back to take a late lead Sunday, and then things went haywire in St. Louis.
Seattle erased an 11-point fourth quarter lead but lost in overtime to the Rams, 34-31, in an crazy game at the Edward Jones Dome.
The Seahawks entered the fourth quarter down 24-13, but reeled off 18 straight points to take a brief lead. Then Rams tied it late and won it in OT after a what looked like an onside kick from the Seahawks to start the extra frame. After the game Carroll said it was not an onside kick but a “miss-hit” by Steven Hauschka.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Seattle’s defense looked confused at times, especially on the Rams’ final drive of regulation when Dion Baily, filling in for holdout Kam Chancellor, fell down on the tying touchdown.
The Seahawks got touchdowns from three newcomers, with a punt return by Tyler Lockett, a catch from Jimmy Graham and a fumble return from Cary Williams. But it was all for naught.
We’ll have much more on the win on the blog soon, but firsts let’s get to your thoughts:
1. First, the onside kick. Thoughts? (UPDATE: Carroll said postgame it was not an onside kick, but a miss -hit by a Steven Hauschka.)
2. The Jimmy Graham experience. Impressed so far?
3. Missing Kam? What’s today do for his holdout? When/if will he be back?
4. Kris Richards’ debut. Thoughts on the Seahawks new defensive coordinator?
5. What next? What’s your expectations for Green Bay next week and beyond?