If you want to catch all of the Cascadia Cup trio in action today, just turn to Root at 4 p.m. and watch Portland at Vancouver before the Sounders host Dallas tonight at 7:30 at CenturyLink.
Here's an MLS preview of the early game, and some notes below:
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Portland Timbers, 4 p.m. PT
· The Timbers stretched their MLS club-record undefeated streak to nine games in impressive fashion, rolling to a 3-0 home win Sunday vs. Chivas USA.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune
· Diego Valeri set up two of the Timbers goals vs. Chivas and scored one himself. He is now tied for the league lead in assists with four, along with Real Salt Lake’s Joao Plata and Sporting KC’s Graham Zusi.
· Whitecaps FC put an end to their seven-game winless streak, winning for the first time in league play since March 9 in a 3-1 victory against the LA Galaxy on Saturday.
· After coming on as an early substitute, Vancouver midfielder Russell Teibert scored his first two professional goals in leading Whitecaps FC to the win vs. LA.
· The Timbers have never lost to Whitecaps FC since the two teams have played in MLS competition. The Timbers have won four of the five meetings all-time, including both contests at BC Place.