I'll be back with more soon, and ultimately with the entire transcript. But as the Clint Dempsey press conference has just broken up, here are my instant takeaways:
* He is expected to make his Sounders debut Saturday at Toronto. (Home debut Aug. 25 vs. Timbers.)
* Sigi Schmid said he isn't yet sure of how Dempsey will fit in with exisiting personnel, but they'll start working on that over the next couple of days in training.
* General manager Adrian Hanauer explained the MLS regulations rationale for Dempsey coming straight to Sounders without allocation issues. But he added the reality that a player like Dempsey gets a say in where he plays.
* Dempsey seems genuinely happy to be back in MLS and in Seattle. Yes, $32 million can have the affect. But he also cited his experience here with U.S. national team, the good words he heard from Eddie Johnson (although Johnson denied recruiting credit), and enjoyed a fishing trip with Marcus Hahnemann. He also said it was important to come back while still near his prime.
* Dempsey said he has worked out a deal with DeAndre Yedlin to wear No. 2. Dempsey told a couple of personal reasons why the number matters to him, and went out of his way to praise Yedlin.