▪ Joan Pruett, CPA, recently joined Brantley Janson Yost & Ellison in Federal Way as a manger audit. She will will lead the firm’s employee benefit plan practice, including audits of 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock plans. She received her bachelor’s degree from Central Washington University.
▪ Stephanie Walsh has joined The Doty Group, P.S., in Tacoma as director of administration. She provides human resource management, strategic planning, marketing and firm financial oversight for the company. She has more than 17 years experience with local nonprofits and 10 years experience in the financial services industry. She received a bachelor’s degree from Chapman University.
▪ Larry Hutchinson has joined Absher Construction Co. in Puyallup as a project manager. He will work on pre-construction, project planning, coordination, communications and subcontractor relations. He has 20 years experience most recently with Rush Commercial in Gig Harbor, Point Ruston LLC, Serpanok Construction/General Management, and Turner Construction Co. in Seattle. He received a bachelor’s degree from San Francisco State University.
▪ Mako Sakagami has joined Absher Construction Co. in Puyallup as a project manager. He will work on pre-construction, project planning, coordination, communications and subcontractor relations. He has 15 years experience in the construction project delivery process. Most recently he was senior project engineer for GLY Construction, and had several positions for Turner Construction in Seattle. He received a bachelor’s degree from Nihon University in Tokyo and a master’s degree from the University of Washington.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Jennifer Wynkoop has been named principal, senior associate with Landau Associates in Tacoma. She leads the company’s vapor intrusion and indoor air assessment practice. She joined the company in 2004 and is a senior project manager in the Tacoma office. Her background includes environmental assessment and remediation, natural resources and environmental permitting. She received a bachelor’s degree from Pacific Lutheran University and a certificate of wetland science and management from the University of Washington.
▪ Bedez Carter has returned to the Courtyard Marriott Tacoma as director of sales and marketing. She was general manager of Stanley & Seaforts, opening director of sales for Silver Cloud Inn in Tacoma, director of sales for Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bellevue and most recently area director of sales for the TownePlace Suites Marriott Seattle, Southcenter and Hilton Garden Inn, Renton.
Compiled by Mary Anderson, staff writer
The News Tribune publishes hires and promotions at the professional and management levels. It recognizes honors at the state or national level awarded by independent professional or trade associations and appointments to corporate or civic boards. To submit information go to thenewstribune.com/business, go to People In Business and select Add an announcement. All submissions become the property of The News Tribune and may be published in any form.