Remember that report about Kroger’s fashion line coming next fall, 2018?
Why wait when you can now explore the Forever 21 Taco Bell collection.
Food and beverage brands are embracing the everyday in clothing and household items to expand their reach with consumers, and the pace seems to have picked up since 2016’s Cheetos earrings that sold for $20.000.
A sampling, some of which are from a recent CNBC overview:
▪ KFC pillowcase: “If your dream is to have a bunch of dreams while lying face-to-face with a Colonel whose dream of building a fried chicken empire actually came true, well then, you’re in luck.” $14.
▪ White Castle ornament: “Laser engraved with the White Castle logo.” $17.95.
▪ Coca-Cola clutch purse: $35.99.
▪ Design your own M&Ms with a machine dispenser: Because “balloons pop and flowers fade.” Prices vary.
While some of this could be considered millennial brand outreach, other types are tapping into retail nostalgia for other generations. Among them:
▪ 2017 collectible Pepsi Santa: $69.99.