Pierce County’s unemployment rate rose slightly in April, to 6.5 percent from 6.4 percent the previous month, according to the Washington State Employment Security Department.
The department released April’s county unemployment figures on Tuesday.
The data show Pierce County with an unemployment rate of 6.5 percent and Thurston County lower at 6 percent. For the previous month, the state reported Pierce County with an unemployment rate of 6.4 percent and Thurston County at 6.1 percent.
Statewide, the April rate was 5.6 percent.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The following are regional jobless rates for April, not seasonally adjusted:
▪ King County: 4.1 percent, down from 4.7 percent in March.
▪ Kitsap County: 5.9 percent, up from 5.7 percent.
▪ Mason County: 8 percent, down from 8.2 percent.
▪ Lewis County: 8.4 percent, down from 8.5 percent.
▪ Grays Harbor County: 8.9 percent, down from 9.2 percent.
C.R. Roberts: 253-597-8535