Local

Woman burned in Tacoma house fire

Tacoma fire fighters believe an unattended candle is to blame for a Wednesday morning house fire that injured one person, the Tacoma Fire Department stated in a tweet.
Tacoma fire fighters believe an unattended candle is to blame for a Wednesday morning house fire that injured one person, the Tacoma Fire Department stated in a tweet. Twitter

A woman was seriously burned early Wednesday after her Tacoma home caught fire, according to the Fire Department.

The blaze was reported about 3:30 a.m. at South Park Avenue and South 72nd Street.

It took fire crews about an hour to extinguish flames. Investigators said an unattended candle started the fire.

Police arrived on scene first and were able to help the woman out of the house. She was then taken to an area hospital, where she is being treated for serious burns.

Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653

  Comments