Firefighters evacuated a retirement facility on the Life Center church campus on Friday morning in response to a carbon monoxide alarm, said Tacoma Fire spokesman Joe Meinecke.
Life Manor Independent Living was being evacuated as firefighters investigated what triggered the alarm. The Life Center campus, which includes the Life Christian Academy school, is located near the intersection of 18th Street and Union Avenue.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News Tribune