Here's a rundown of what will be open or closed on Friday for the Fourth of July holiday:
• Tacoma garbage pickups will be delayed one day. The Tacoma landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility will be closed.
• Tacoma Public Library branches will be closed.
• Pierce County Library System locations will be closed.
• City of Tacoma and Pierce County government buildings will be closed.
• Pierce Transit buses will run on a Sunday schedule.
• Tacoma Link light rail and Sound Transit Express bus service will run on a Sunday schedule. Sounder trains will not run.
• There will no parking enforcement in Tacoma.
• The U.S. Postal Service will not operate.
• The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma and Northwest Trek near Eatonville will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.