Here’s what will be open and what will be closed Monday because of the Labor Day holiday:
▪ Pierce County government offices will be closed.
▪ City of Tacoma offices will be closed, and parking downtown will be free. The city’s senior centers at 415 S. 13th St. and 5016 A St. will be closed. Police, fire and animal control officers will be on duty.
▪ Banks will be closed.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ U.S. Postal Service operations will be closed.
▪ Tacoma’s landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility will be open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. as usual. Garbage, recycling and yard/food waste pickups will not be affected.
▪ Tacoma Public Library branches are not open Mondays or Sundays and will be closed Saturday (Sept. 5) to observe the holiday. Pierce County libraries will be closed Monday.
▪ Pierce Transit buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
▪ Sound Transit routes 511, 513, 540, 542, 555, 556, 567, 586, 595 and 596 will not have service. Routes 510, 512, 550, 577 and 578 will run on a Sunday schedule. The Sounder Train will not operate, and Tacoma Link will run on a Sunday schedule.
▪ Point Defiance Park will allow propane-only grills inside the park this weekend. Charcoal grilling is still banned due to increased fire danger.
▪ Campfires in designated rings west of the Cascade Mountains are allowed as of Saturday, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653