Local

Kent condominium fire caused by discarded smoking debris

A Kent resident safely escaped a burning condominium late Wednesday, according to the Fire Department.

Crews were called just before 10 p.m. to the 5600 block of South 231st Place and found smoke and flames coming from the condo. The resident had already escaped and called for help.

It took about 40 minutes to douse the flames.

Investigators said the fire was started by “discarded smoking debris.” Damages were estimated at $50,000.

Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653

stacia.glenn@thenewstribune.com

  Comments