A malfunctioning heater caused serious damage to a Kent mobile home Wednesday, displacing a family of three.
Firefighters were called about 6:40 a.m. to the 24400 block of Pacific Highway South and found thick smoke in the mobile home.
The residents, who called 911, were able to get out of the home themselves. No one was hurt in the fire.
It took crews about 20 minutes to put out the blaze. South King Fire & Rescue firefighters helped.
Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you'll never miss a local story.
Damages were estimated at $10,000, according to Kent Fire.
Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653