WATCH: Legacy Cheer of Puyallup warms up for Daffodil parade
The Daffodil Festival’s weekend events are nearly here.
The 83rd Daffodil Festival Grand Floral Parade’s four parts will take place Saturday and are as follows:
▪ Tacoma: The parade will travel south down Pacific Avenue, beginning at 10:15 a.m. at South 12th Street and ending at South 21st Street.
▪ Puyallup: The parade will travel east on Seventh Avenue Southwest at Fifth Street Southwest, starting at 12:45 p.m. It will turn left onto South Meridian, turn left again onto West Meeker Avenue, turn left onto Third Street Southwest and then turn right onto Fourth Avenue Southwest.
▪ Sumner: The parade will travel east on Main Street from Kincaid Avenue, starting at 2:30 p.m. and ending at Lewis Avenue.
▪ Orting: The parade will travel northwest on Washington Avenue North from Bridge Street Southeast, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at Whitesell Street Southeast.
The four Daffodil Challenge 5K races, which include each of the parade routes, will start at these times and locations:
▪ Tacoma: 8:45 a.m., 1600 Commerce St.
▪ Puyallup: 11:15 a.m., Washington State Fair Gold Gate, 110 Ninth Ave. SW
▪ Sumner: 1 p.m., Sumner Middle School, 1508 Willow St.
▪ Orting: 3:30 p.m., 112 Bridge St. S.
The fees to run a single race are $35 or $45 for day-of-race registration, while the challenge — all four races — costs $80, or $95 for day-of-race registration.
▪ The Junior Daffodil Parade, led by the festival princesses, will take place 10 a.m. April 16 in Tacoma’s Proctor District.
▪ The Daffodil Marine Parade will be April 17 at the Tacoma Yacht Club.
▪ For younger girls — and their parents or grandparents — there will be two Princess Teas on May 1 at Laurel Creek Manor, 7611 166th Ave. E., Sumner, with seatings at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Tickets are $20 and can be found at thedaffodilfestival.org.
▪ The Most Magnificent Mutt Show will not be held this year.
Can’t make the parade?
KONG-TV and NWCN will broadcast the Puyallup portion of the parade 8-10 p.m. Saturday.