Fifteen high school juniors from Puyallup were given scholarships at the 51st annual Junior Achievement Scholarship Ceremony April 28 at Corinthian Masonic Center in Puyallup.
State Rep. Melanie Stambaugh, R-Puyallup, a past winner of the Junior Achievement Scholarship, was the keynote speaker. She encouraged the students to do their best and to try everything.
Stambaugh spoke of her own experiences in a variety of disciplines and how it helped her discover her passion.
Students from each school were awarded first-, second- and third-place scholarships in the amounts of $1,000, $500 and $250, respectively, for a total of $5,250.
Emerald Ridge High
▪ Johnathon Scheerer, first place
▪ Audrey Fernandez, second place
▪ Mikaela Rink, third place
▪ Jonah Rink and Kara Hokenstad ($100 each)
▪ Deepa Bajwa, first place
▪ Roy Massett, second place
▪ Michaela Todd, third place
▪ Brooklyn Bartelson and Karli Mueller ($100 each)
▪ Tyler Ward, first place
▪ Sarah Archer, second place
▪ Soo Lee, third place
▪ Zachary Gommi and Natalie Hert ($100 each)
For the past 51 years the Corinthian Masonic Lodge has recognized successful high school juniors from the three Puyallup high schools.