Man killed at Burning Man event in Nevada lived in Tacoma, reports say
A 37-year-old man who was killed during the Burning Man event in a Nevada desert lived in Tacoma, according to the Reno Gazette Journal.
Vadim Kruglov was found dead while lying in a pool of blood on Aug. 30 during the event, according to the Pershing County Sheriff’s Office. The Washoe Medical Examiner’s Office in Nevada identified Kruglov through fingerprints, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.
An official cause and manner of death was not released.
Authorities notified Kruglov’s family of his death, the release said. The sheriff’s office says that Kruglov was originally from Russia.
As the “Man” effigy began to burn, an event participant found Kruglov. Authorities were dispatched to the scene near I Street in Black Rock City and pronounced Kruglov dead. The sheriff’s office said the homicide happened between 8 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. at the festival.
The sheriff’s office is still investigating the homicide. No arrests have been made. Anyone with information is asked to contact Investigator Josh Nicholson at (775)-273-2641 or jnicholson@pershingcountynv.gov.
“Vadim poured his soul into our community: building camp, creating art, helping others, and always sharing his kindness and energy. His contributions will forever remain part of the Burn’s history,” according to a GoFundMe fundraiser created to support Kruglov’s family.
The GoFundMe says they are raising funds to bring Kruglov’s body back to his home in Omsk, a city in Russia, where his parents can say goodbye.
Over $18,000 has been raised so far with a goal of $30,000.
This story was originally published September 4, 2025 at 12:32 PM.