Military News

Madigan commander suspended pending investigation, military says

The commander of Madigan Army Medical Center on Joint Base Lewis-McChord has been suspended pending an investigation.

Col. Christopher Warner was suspended on Oct. 2, according to JBLM public affairs officer Lt. Col. Neil Penttila. Penttila said the investigation is related to an incident that occurred prior to Warner’s appointment at Madigan. Further details were not divulged.

Col. Scott Roofe will serve as acting commander. He was deputy commander under Warner.

Warner took command of Madigan on July, 15, 2020.

Warner came to Madigan after serving as the deputy chief of staff for the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs at the Pentagon.

At his change of command ceremony, Warner said he’d previously been assigned to Madigan over 20 years ago during his fourth year of medical school at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences.

This story was originally published October 7, 2020 at 12:54 PM.

Abbie Shull
The News Tribune
Abbie Shull covers military and veterans affairs for The News Tribune. She is a corps member with Report for America, a national service program that places journalists into local newsrooms.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER