National

Man accused in ‘horrific’ deaths of family of four in NY arrested, officials say

A 31-year-old man accused of killing a family in New York last year was arrested in the Dominican Republic, authorities said.
A 31-year-old man accused of killing a family in New York last year was arrested in the Dominican Republic, authorities said. Getty Images/iStock photo

A man suspected of killing a family of four in New York, including two young children, was arrested in the Dominican Republic, authorities said.

Luis Francisco Soriano, also known as Jefry Yevo, was working at a hotel in Punta Cana after learning that federal marshals were in Puerto Rico, where he fled to after the killings, the U.S. Marshals Service said in a June 4 news release.

He was one of the USMS District of Puerto Rico’s top 10 most wanted fugitives, according to authorities.

Dominican authorities and members of the USMS in Santo Domingo arrested the 31-year-old Soriano after he finished a shift at the hotel’s call center, authorities said.

“Every case is important to us, but this one not only deeply impacted our communities in New York and Puerto Rico, it shook our entire nation,” Wilmer Ocasio-Ibarra, U.S. Marshal for the District of Puerto Rico, said in the release.

“The horrific nature of this crime, which resulted in the tragic death of a family, including two innocent children, rocked the very foundation of our society governed by law and order.”

Soriano and his brother are accused of killing two kids, ages 2 and 4, and their parents at their home in Irondequoit on Aug. 31, 2024, authorities said and WHEC reported.

Police found the family dead in the basement while responding to a fire, according to WHEC.

Soriano and his brother, Julio Cesar Pimentel-Soriano, who was arrested a week after the killings, face charges including murder, burglary, kidnapping and arson, WHAM reported.

Irondequoit is about 5-mile drive northeast from Rochester.

Read Next
Read Next
Read Next

This story was originally published June 6, 2025 at 11:14 AM with the headline "Man accused in ‘horrific’ deaths of family of four in NY arrested, officials say."

Natalie Demaree
mcclatchy-newsroom
Natalie Demaree is a service journalism reporter covering Mississippi for McClatchy Media. She holds a master’s in journalism from Columbia Journalism School and a bachelor’s in journalism and political science with a specialization in African and African American Studies from the University of Arkansas. 
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER