Five possible reasons why Howard Schultz’s exploratory presidential campaign has gone dark.
1. A legitimate fear that guerilla groups of hostile Supersonics fans would waylay him at every campaign appearance.
2. The book tour is over, nothing left to promote.
3. There’s only room for one Washington state candidate, and Gov. Jay Inslee sets a high bar with his sub-1 percent national poll showing.
4. Some ideas just don’t catch on. A Howard Schultz presidency is the equivalent of the discontinued Starbucks Chantico (390-calorie, 6-ounce melted-truffle drink) or the Mazagran (coffee-soda hybrid).
5. He’s taking time to evaluate a national campaign headquarters in Seattle versus moving it to Oklahoma City.