Letters to the Editor

Immigration: If you want to come here, apply for visa

Is it true that the only solutions to the problem of undocumented workers lie in legalizing all of them or deporting all of them? No! The solution already exists. It is for an immigrant to go back to one’s home nation, making one’s way to a U.S. consulate and applying for a visa. One may then return to the U.S. and apply for citizenship.

By the way, the visa itself makes one a legal resident for the term of the visa.