At least three Republican state lawmakers rallied Monday on the Capitol steps with backers of a gas tax and fee increase that would pay for roads, ferries, mass transit and other transportation improvements.
Local News HEADLINES
The rights of people with mental illness collided Monday with the state’s struggling mental health system. The state lost a round, but the fight is far from over.
A Tacoma woman who participated in a widespread fraud that ensnared dozens of soldiers from Joint Base Lewis-McChord and victimized her own grandmother was sentenced Monday to 10 years in prison.
Thousands of utility customers receiving water service from the city of Puyallup — both inside and outside the city limits — could see changes to their bills if the Puyallup City Council takes action on an issue they’ve been debating for years.
Newly appointed Tacoma City Councilman Robert Thoms improperly used his office to advocate for a school bond measure while his lobbying firm was under contract with Tacoma Public Schools, the city’s Board of Ethics has found.
Musicals, dance, radio personalities.
Consumers Union and the Washington State Hospital Association are still tangling over legislation approved unanimously by the Legislature to require more reporting by hospitals when patients develop infections during care.
A new law will make it easier to keep people detained after a court has found them incompetent to stand trial on felony charges.
A Tacoma man whose previous conviction in a fatal carjacking was overturned by the U.S. Court of Appeals pleaded guilty Monday a reduced charge.
Lakewood police arrested a couple Monday in connection with a poolroom assault that killed a 47-year-old Woodinville man last week.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 140 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 109 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 20 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 7 Party lines blur at transportation rally