The Daffodil Festival’s weekend events are nearly here.
The 83rd Daffodil Festival Grand Floral Parade’s four parts will take place Saturday and are as follows:
▪ Tacoma: The parade will travel south down Pacific Avenue, beginning at 10:15 a.m. at South 12th Street and ending at South 21st Street.
▪ Puyallup: The parade will travel east on Seventh Avenue Southwest at Fifth Street Southwest, starting at 12:45 p.m. It will turn left onto South Meridian, turn left again onto West Meeker Avenue, turn left onto Third Street Southwest and then turn right onto Fourth Avenue Southwest.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Sumner: The parade will travel east on Main Street from Kincaid Avenue, starting at 2:30 p.m. and ending at Lewis Avenue.
▪ Orting: The parade will travel northwest on Washington Avenue North from Bridge Street Southeast, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at Whitesell Street Southeast.
The four Daffodil Challenge 5K races, which include each of the parade routes, will start at these times and locations:
▪ Tacoma: 8:45 a.m., 1600 Commerce St.
▪ Puyallup: 11:15 a.m., Washington State Fair Gold Gate, 110 Ninth Ave. SW
▪ Sumner: 1 p.m., Sumner Middle School, 1508 Willow St.
▪ Orting: 3:30 p.m., 112 Bridge St. S.
The fees to run a single race are $35 or $45 for day-of-race registration, while the challenge — all four races — costs $80, or $95 for day-of-race registration.
▪ The Junior Daffodil Parade, led by the festival princesses, will take place 10 a.m. April 16 in Tacoma’s Proctor District.
▪ The Daffodil Marine Parade will be April 17 at the Tacoma Yacht Club.
▪ For younger girls — and their parents or grandparents — there will be two Princess Teas on May 1 at Laurel Creek Manor, 7611 166th Ave. E., Sumner, with seatings at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Tickets are $20 and can be found at thedaffodilfestival.org.
▪ The Most Magnificent Mutt Show will not be held this year.
Can’t make the parade?
KONG-TV and NWCN will broadcast the Puyallup portion of the parade 8-10 p.m. Saturday.